We can provide care for new-borns, babies, children and young people up to 18, after they have died, either at home or at The Ark. This includes children who were not known to Noah’s Ark during their life, and those who died unexpectedly or suddenly through accident or illness.
We can also care for stillborn babies born after 24 week of pregnancy. If a baby is stillborn following a diagnosis during pregnancy (‘foetal anomaly’), we may be able to offer care earlier than 24 weeks. In these circumstances we would ask the parent or referrer to call us to have a discussion with a Noah’s Ark nurse in advance.
- Two children’s bereavement bedrooms with cold blankets and cuddlecots.
- Designated family accommodation so that families can stay close to their child, to visit and care for them post-death.
- Family Support, including advice and support with registering the death, arranging the funeral, and sourcing funding.
- Bereavement support for the whole family, including creative therapies and one to one emotional support.
- Opportunities to create keepsakes and complete memory work and crafts.
- Sibling support from Specialist Play and Activities workers.