Marketing & Communications
The Ark, Byng Road, Barnet, EN5 4NP
4 hours per event volunteered at
Volunteer Videographer & Editor
We are looking to develop a small team of volunteer videographers to attend various events, in order to provide us with video footage which can then be used to raise awareness of the work we do and the support we provide. The team will also allow us to capture precious memories of the babies, children and young people that we support, something that their families will cherish forever.
The volunteer videographer will work in association with the Marketing and Communications, Fundraising and the Care teams. The events include our quarterly family days and monthly parent groups, as well as fundraising events such as golf days and gala dinners.
This role will allow you to develop your experience, skills and portfolio whilst making a real difference to the lives of babies, children and young people who are seriously unwell.
The footage will become part of our media library. Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice will own the copyright of the photos.
Noah’s Ark takes their responsibility for safeguarding the wellbeing of children seriously. This role is subject to an Enhanced DBS and two references.
- Capture footage at various events as arranged with Noah’s Ark
- Edit the footage if necessary and securely send back to Noah’s Ark within 48 hours
- Deleting all held footage after completion of projects
Qualities/ experience/ skills needed:
- Provide examples of recent work
- Own your own camera
- Be able to take good quality, high resolution footage
- Be able to interact with a wide variety of people
- Have experience of capturing people/events on video
- Have experience of editing footage
- Maintain sensitivity, confidentiality and discretion at all times
- Be able to work as part of a team and independently
- Maintain a professional approach
- Have good communication skills and be sensitive to the situation and feelings of other people
Interviews, training and assessment process:
At Noah’s Ark, we value volunteer support, but we are also aware that not all roles are suitable for everyone. The interview and training process is in place to ensure that the Noah’s Ark staff get to know more about you, that you are given the correct training for the role and that you can find out if this is a role you would like to undertake. The training process is as follows:
- Volunteer Information Session: All potential volunteers have to attend one of these sessions before they are able to support Noah’s Ark in any capacity. They are held monthly on weekday evenings or Saturday mornings.
- Interview: This will take place at the Noah’s Ark Office at a mutually agreeable time. Prior to the interview, we may ask to see examples of your previous material.
- Core Training (full day): Saturday or Sunday, training topics include Confidentiality and Boundaries, giving excellent customer service, grief loss and bereavement and infection control.
- Safeguarding Training (3 hours): 1 weekday evening – essential for ensuring the safety of our service.
- Brand Training (2 hours): Training on the Noah’s Ark brand and messages we communicate to our key audiences.
Time commitment: Days and times will vary but once at an event your involvement should take no more than 4 hours.
Location: Noah’s Ark supports families living in the London boroughs of Barnet, Enfield, Haringey, Camden, Islington, plus Hertsmere (in Hertfordshire). Events will mostly take place at The Ark in Barnet or in various locations within these boroughs. Occasionally, events may be held outside this area.
Minimum age: 18 years
To apply, please click this link.