The Ark, Byng Road, Barnet, EN5 4NP
There will be 2 weekend groups of children per month. Volunteer shifts will fall sometime between 9am and 6pm, and may be between 4 and 6 hours long. A rota will be arranged once we know volunteers availability.
No. of Positions Available
We are looking for volunteers to support our Specialist Carers in the provision of play and entertainment to small groups of children and young people who visit the hospice (The Ark). Volunteers in this role will work closely with a Specialist Carer who will lead and guide all activities. The role will not involve assisting with clinical procedures or administering medication.
Examples of activities include:
- Arts and Crafts
- Playing outside in the playground
- Sensory play
Qualities / experience / skills needed:
- Ability to work well with others and able to follow instructions and be part of a team
- Friendly and outgoing with a good sense of humour
- Understanding of confidentiality
- A good understanding of the role and of Noah’s Ark’s expectations of volunteers
- Good communication skills
- Reliability, commitment and engagement
- Initiative and problem-solving skills
- A good level of self-awareness
Experience of working with children, young people or families is desirable but not essential. We welcome volunteers from all backgrounds with all sorts of skills.
Noah’s Ark take their responsibility for safeguarding the wellbeing of children seriously. This role is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Application. 2 references are also required.
To apply, please click this link.