Noah’s Ark supports families living in Barnet, Camden, Enfield, Haringey, Islington & Hertsmere. Most Family Activities take place within these boroughs, but occasionally may be held outside this area, in Hertfordshire or Central London.
We ask that Family Activities Volunteers commit to supporting us for a minimum of 12 months, volunteering for at least one activity per quarter. Events are usually 6-7 hours.
Noah’s Ark provides regular Family Activities including Family Days, Parent Groups, Siblings’ Groups and Noah’s Ark (referred) Children’s Groups. These activities are designed to provide fun and free days out, allowing children and families the opportunity to meet others in similar situations and to take part in new activities in accessible environments.
What the role involves:
- Setting up the room
- Greeting and directing families
- Running activities for family members
- Assisting with refreshments
- Assisting with the crèche by playing and reading with babies and toddlers
These groups are for the brothers and sisters of the children we support. There are three groups, ages 5-9, ages 10-13, and a youth group for siblings aged 14+. Main activities / tasks include:
- Escorting siblings in taxis or on public transport
- Supporting and befriending siblings throughout the activities
- Assisting and encouraging siblings to take part in the activities
Noah’s Ark Children’s Groups
These groups are for the children referred to us with life-limiting or life-threatening conditions and are divided based on the children and young people’s ages and conditions. Main activities / tasks include:
- Working 1:1 with a child, alongside our team of Specialist Carers and Nurses, to support them engaging in activities
PLEASE NOTE: You will not have responsibility for a child with a life-limiting or life-threatening condition and will not be expected to undertake any personal care or administer medication.
Noah’s Ark take their responsibility for safeguarding the wellbeing of children seriously. This role is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Application. 2 references are also required.
To apply, please click this link.