Marketing & Communications
The Ark, Byng Road, Barnet, EN5 4NP
4 hours per event volunteered at
We are looking for volunteer photographers to attend various events and provide us with images which can then be used to raise awareness of the work we do. Volunteer photographers will also allow us to capture precious memories of the babies, children and young people that we support.
Dependent on the event, the volunteer photographer will work with the Marketing and Communications, Fundraising and the Care teams. The events include our quarterly family days and monthly parent groups, as well as fundraising events such as golf days and gala dinners.
This role will allow you to develop your experience, skills and photography portfolio whilst making a real difference to the lives of babies, children and young people who are seriously unwell.
The photographs will become part of our image library. Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice will own the copyright of the photos.
Noah’s Ark takes their responsibility for safeguarding the wellbeing of children seriously. This role is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and two references.
- Take photographs at various events as arranged with Noah’s Ark
- Edit the images as necessary,
- Send the photographs back to Noah’s Ark within 48 hours
- For confidentiality purposes, delete the photographs from all personal devices once sent
Qualities/ experience/ skills needed:
- Provide an up to date portfolio of your work
- Own your own digital DSLR camera
- Be able to take good quality, high resolution photographs
- Be able to interact with a wide variety of people
- Have experience of photographing people/events
- Have experience of editing digital images
- Maintain sensitivity, confidentiality and discretion at all times
- Be able to work as part of a team and independently
- Maintain a professional approach
- Have good communication skills and be sensitive to the situation and feelings of other people
Interviews, training and assessment process:
At Noah’s Ark, we value volunteer support, but we are also aware that not all roles are suitable for everyone. The interview and training process is in place to ensure that the Noah’s Ark staff get to know more about you, that you are given the correct training for the role and that you can find out if this is a role you would like to undertake. The training process is as follows:
- Volunteer Information Session: All potential volunteers have to attend one of these sessions before they are able to support Noah’s Ark in any capacity. They are held monthly on weekday evenings or Saturday mornings.
- Interview: This will take place at the Noah’s Ark Office at a mutually agreeable time.
- Core Training (full day): Saturday or Sunday, training topics include Confidentiality and Boundaries, giving excellent customer service, grief loss and bereavement and infection control.
- Safeguarding Training (3 hours): 1 weekday evening – essential for ensuring the safety of our service.
- Brand training (2 hours): Training to give you an understanding of the Noah’s Ark brand and story to support you with your photography volunteering
Time commitment: Days and times will vary but once at an event your involvement should take no more than 4 hours.
Location: Noah’s Ark supports families living in the London boroughs of Barnet, Enfield, Haringey, Camden, Islington, plus Hertsmere (in Hertfordshire). Events will mostly take place at The Ark in Barnet or in various locations within these boroughs. Occasionally, events may be held outside this area.
Minimum age: 18 years