£25,000 - £30,000 (Dependent on experience)
Barnet (North London) and Home working
37.5 hours per week (full time) - Flexible and compressed hours will be considered
Marketing and Communications Manager, Director of Fundraising and Communications
3rd July 2022
ABOUT THE ROLE
Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice has been on a major upward trajectory in recent years, with more children being supported, more major hospitals being partnered with and more supporters donating. Marketing and Communications at Noah’s Ark is transforming and elevating its outputs in order to enable the charity to reach its ambitious strategic objectives. So this can be achieved, the Marketing and Communications team need to become master storytellers.
The Marketing and Communications Officer will take a leading role in the creation of content for various departments, audiences and channels. This will include ideation and copywriting, as well as working with external designers to develop collateral. Working with stakeholders across the charity, the person in this role will produce excellent content for the Noah’s Ark website – including family case-studies and supporter stories.
As well as Content Creation, the Marketing and Communications Officer will opportunity to work across the marketing mix – including Digital Marketing, Content Strategy and Campaign Management. This is a cross-department role, working across Fundraising, Care, Volunteering, HR and Internal Communications, so it is essential that the appointed candidate is willing to embrace a diverse workload.
The appointed candidate will work closely with the Marketing and Communications Manager to support the delivery of the Marketing and Communications Strategy, and will be encouraged to contribute their own ideas and subsequently own projects. There is great potential for significant autonomy in this role and for the role to be shaped by the post-holder themselves.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supporting the Marketing and Communications Manager in the delivery of marketing activity for departments across the charity
- Working with the care team to capture stories and photography of our beneficiaries
- Writing and producing content for the Noah’s Ark social media channels
- Working with internal stakeholders to develop cross-channel content – including video & print
- Working with external designers and agencies to develop new marketing materials
- Create and support the creation of excellent content for the Noah’s Ark website
- Working with the Marketing and Communications Manager to continue the roll-out of the Noah’s Ark brand and implement the brand guidelines within the charity
- Maintain and develop excellent working relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Using existing templates, create visuals for our social channels in Adobe InDesign
- Work with the Marketing and Communications Manager to develop and deliver communications strategies for key audiences
- Responding to ad-hoc requests for marketing support in a timely manner
- Managing the sourcing and ordering of branded merchandise
- Maintaining and organising the Marketing and Communications files
An exceptional communicator and creative thinker, you’ll show a willingness to understand our vision and mission and will work proactively to come with ideas as to how we can help the charity fulfil its goals. You will be curious in your work, taking an active approach in learning from those around you, including those outside of the Marketing and Communications team. You will demonstrate a willingness to learn about the hospice movement and become a real brand advocate for the charity.
You’ll have experience working with a varied group of stakeholders, delivering projects to service a variety of audiences and business objectives. You will have experience of being the main point of contact for projects and will be approachable and timely in your communications.
You will be comfortable with technology and willing to upskill in areas where you don’t have experience, particularly around digital marketing. You will have experience in project management and a proven track record of taking content from ideation to delivery.
You will be an excellent copywriter with proven experience of writing content for a variety of audiences. You will have a high level of attention to detail and will feel confident proofing collateral.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your completed application form to email@example.com
Please download and read the full job description below before applying.
If you would like to have a confidential discussion about this role, please email the HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8449 8877.