The Ark, Byng Road, Barnet, EN5 4NP
One morning/afternoon a week during Spring/Summer months, ad-hoc at other times
Helping maintain the landscaped gardens and grounds at the hospice supporting with general gardening tasks such as: lawn-mowing, planting, weeding, watering, cutting back, potting, cuttings etc. If you enjoy gardening, as well as doing something for your local community, this might be the role for you!
Qualities/ experience/ skills needed:
• Have a passion for gardening, expertise and knowledge in this area is desirable but not essential
• A friendly personality and willingness to ‘muck-in’ with the team are essential along with the ability to be adaptable in order to respond to the very varying needs of the children and Hospice visitors.
• A good understanding of the role and of Noah’s Ark’s expectations of volunteers
• Reliability, commitment and engagement
• Initiative and problem-solving skills
• A good level of self-awareness
Noah’s Ark takes their responsibility for safeguarding the wellbeing of children seriously. This role is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Application. 2 references are also required.
To apply, please click here.