Salary: £24,000 – £27,000 per annum
Location: Barnet, North London
Type of Contract: Permanent
Hours: Full Time (37.5 hours)
Closing Date: Tuesday 5 March 2019 by 12.00 noon
Interview Date: TBC
Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice is an award-winning, growing charity, and our people matter enormously. Our staff is made up of passionate, motivated and supportive individuals who all champion the cause and each other.
Noah’s Ark is a community-based hospice service providing care and support for babies, children and young people with life-limiting or life-threatening conditions and their families in North and Central London. Our mission is to ensure that families are able to live life as fully as possible whilst their child is still alive and go on to face the future with hope after bereavement.
The Fundraising Database Officer is a key member of the Income Generation team providing support with day-to-day transaction and data processing as well as database administration, monitoring fundraising data use, data protection compliance and providing oversight and support to Individual Stewardship programmes.
The role requires practical experience working with a fundraising database, familiarity with direct marketing data and knowledge of the processes for good supporter relationship management. An understanding of data protection legislation and a commitment to good data practice is also essential.
The role will be responsible for the administration of Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice’s fundraising database, Donorflex, acquiring expertise in all aspects of database functionality and providing appropriate support to fundraising and wider teams. The role will also be responsible for key data processing tasks, assistance and oversight on donor stewardship, and monitoring data use and governance. The role requires strong administration, organisation and communication skills including maintaining appropriate documentation and attention to detail.
The Successful Applicant will have:
- Experience of using administrative functions in a customer relationship database, e.g. Donorflex
- Experience of using and manipulating data for income generation activities or significant transferable skills
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal. Ability to convey key points succinctly and with clarity and a keen eye for detail to ensure high standards whilst working under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to interact with a wide variety of individuals to achieve positive outcomes and establish sustainable relationships and partnerships
- Expert or detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office package including Excel, Outlook, Word, Publisher and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of or empathy with the work undertaken by Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice
What we can offer
We are offering a salary between £24,000 – £27,000 per annum (depending on qualifications and experience) plus benefits and flexible working opportunities.
We also offer:
- Holidays – starting at 25 days per year rising to 30 days per year with length of service
- Flexible holiday (buy and sell) scheme
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme
- Season ticket loan
Apply for this job:
For more information about the role please download the Job Description and Person Specification.