Salary: £20,000 – £23,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Location: Barnet, North London
Hours: Full Time 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Thursday 6 December 2018
Interview Date: TBC
Imagine being encouraged to develop professionally and personally, empowered to deliver holistic, family-centred care, enthused to share your knowledge and experience – all while working towards something hugely positive and impactful.
Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice is an award-winning, growing charity and our people matter enormously. Our Care Team and the wider charity is made up of passionate, motivated and supportive individuals who all champion the cause and each other.
Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice is a community-based hospice service providing care and support for babies, children and young people with life-limiting or life-threatening conditions and their families in North and Central London. Our mission is to ensure that families are able to live life as fully as possible while their child is still alive and go on to face the future with hope after bereavement.
This is a hugely exciting time to be joining Noah’s Ark as we are expanding our existing community hospice service and constructing The Ark – a children’s hospice building for North and Central London. Our expanded care provision will ensure that we are able to offer a complete hospice service for the 1,169 and increasing number of babies, children and young people with life-limiting or life-threatening conditions in our catchment area.
The Family Activities Coordinator will work as part of the Family Activities Volunteering Team to ensure the success of the Family Days, Referred Children’s Groups, Siblings Groups and Parent Groups (together, referred to as Family Activities). Events organisation and working with volunteers are fundamental aspects of this role.
The Successful Applicant will have:
- Experience of organising events
- Experience of working with volunteers
- Research skills – experience of researching provisions and services (statutory or voluntary sector) for a particular group
- Excellent interpersonal skills – able to interact with wide variety of personnel (internal and external) to achieve positive outcomes and establish sustainable relationships and partnerships
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Excellent time management and organisational skills – ability to prioritise effectively and accomplish tasks within deadlines
- IT self-sufficient (including high level of literacy in MS Office (particularly Excel)
- Experience of using databases
What we can offer:
We are offering a starting salary of £20,000, rising to £23,000 per annum plus benefits, flexible working opportunities, as well as excellent career opportunities. Flexible working hours which will include evenings and weekends as required by the duties of the post – time off in lieu will be given)
Apply for this job:
For more information about the role please download the Job Description and Person Specification.