Salary: Up to £30,000 per annum
Location: Barnet, North London
Type of Contract: Permanent
Hours: Full Time (37.5 hours)
Closing Date: Wednesday 13 February 2019 by 12.00 noon
Interview Date: Friday 15 February 2019
Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice is an award-winning, growing charity, and our people matter enormously. Our staff is made up of passionate, motivated and supportive individuals who all champion the cause and each other.
Noah’s Ark is a community-based hospice service providing care and support for babies, children and young people with life-limiting or life-threatening conditions and their families in North and Central London. Our mission is to ensure that families are able to live life as fully as possible whilst their child is still alive and go on to face the future with hope after bereavement.
The Facilities Maintenance Technician, in conjunction with the Head of Estates and Facilities, will play a crucial role in the operational management of all Facilities services at Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice.
The role will be responsible for high quality Building Maintenance and a multitude of FM duties, including Heating Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC), Mechanical and Electrical Services, Contractor management and implementation of Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) and Reactive maintenance regimes across The Ark and E-Centre.
The post holder will also undertake Planned Building Inspections and Audits and ensure remedial action is undertaken in a swift and efficient manner.
The Facilities Maintenance Technician will be an integral member of the Noah’s Ark Estates and Facilities Management Team and provide a high quality grounds maintenance service, whilst also setting up equipment and furniture for events as required.
The Successful Applicant will have:
- Experience of facilities management within a hospital/healthcare environment
- Proven experience and understanding of safely performing mechanical, electrical, plumbing, carpentry and other maintenance tasks
- Extensive technical knowledge of FM building services, including identifying defects and taking necessary remedial action
- Working knowledge of BMS systems and their operation
- Precise understanding and interpretation of maintenance manuals and drawings
- Ability to identify, specify and manage site works via third party contractors
What we can offer:
We are offering a salary Up to £30,000 per annum (depending on qualifications and experience) plus benefits and flexible working opportunities.
We also offer:
- Holidays – starting at 25 days per year rising to 30 days per year with length of service
- Flexible holiday (buy and sell) scheme
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme
- Season ticket loan
Apply for this job:
For more information about the role please download the Job Description and Person Specification.