Salary: Up to £70,000 per annum
Location: Barnet, North London
Type of Contract: Permanent
Hours: Full Time (37.5 hours)
Closing Date: 12 noon on Thursday 24 January 2019
Interview Date: 30 January or 6 February
Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice is an award-winning, growing charity, and our people matter enormously. Our staff is made up of passionate, motivated and supportive individuals who all champion the cause and each other.
Noah’s Ark is a community-based hospice service providing care and support for babies, children and young people with life-limiting or life-threatening conditions and their families in North and Central London, and Hertsmere. Our mission is to ensure that families are able to live life as fully as possible whilst their child is still alive and go on to face the future with hope after bereavement.
This is a hugely exciting time to be joining Noah’s Ark as we are expanding our existing Hospice-at-Home service and constructing The Ark, a children’s hospice building for North and Central London.
An exciting leadership opportunity has become available for an experienced individual to lead our Care Department as the Director of Care. You will be joining us at very crucial but exciting time as we are expanding our existing Hospice-at-Home service and in the final stage of the constructing of The Ark. Our expanded care provision will ensure that we are able to offer a complete hospice service for the 1,200 babies, children and young people with life-limiting and life-threatening conditions in our catchment area.
This is a significant and strategic position as the Director of Care will be responsible for the leadership, management development and transformation of the care team. In addition, the successful candidate will play a lead role in the strategic development and operational delivery of patient-centered care, ensuring the highest possible standards for the children and their families.
The Director of Care will join a diverse professional team of very skilled individuals who have a passion for delivering outstanding care to vulnerable children and their families whilst ensuring continuous improvement in care delivery.
The Successful Applicant will have:
- Experience of working as a senior manager in a care delivery organisation in a strategic capacity. In addition, substantial experience in children’s palliative and end of life care.
- Considerable experience of the development and implementation of strategic plans in a health or social care setting.
- Demonstrable operational management experience in the NHS or Hospice environment with previous experience of managing large groups of staff.
- Knowledge and experience of regulatory frameworks relating to Hospice Care.
- Knowledge of social work, nursing, creative therapy and volunteer service contributions to children’s palliative and end of life care services.
- Importantly, the successful individual will have a passion for children’s hospice and palliative care.
What we can offer:
We are offering a salary of up to £70,000 (depending on qualifications and experience) plus benefits and flexible working opportunities.
We also offer:
- Holidays – starting at 25 days per year rising to 30 days per year with length of service
- Flexible holiday (buy and sell) scheme
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme
- Season ticket loan
Apply for this job:
For more information about the role please download the Job Description and Person Specification.